What would we do without the opinion police? Those people who come out of the woodwork to let us know how off color and uncultured we are for sharing our personal or political opinion…especially if it is different than theirs.
You know….the people who look down their nose and their crooked reading glasses with the condescending glances and tsk, tsk sounds to indicate they think we have bad manners and that we are idiots.
If you ever feel the need to redirect the opinion of another adult, just stop yourself.
Recognize these common sense tidbits:
- We don’t have the same opinion and this is ok.
- It is not your job to convince me your opinion is the best. I don’t care.
- It is not my job to convince you my opinion is the best. You don’t care.
- You do what you want to do.
- I do what I want to do.
- We do not have to vote the same.
- You are not required to look at my social media pages.
- I am not required to look at your social media pages.
- If I am saying or doing something you don’t like, don’t look or listen.*
- If you are saying or doing something I don’t like, I will not look or listen. *
- *We will both need to apply an extra helping of common sense here because if either one of us are using a bullhorn or some other craziness the other cannot ignore….this is a whole other ballgame.
And, please, do not think you are special enough to block traffic. I can assure you no one on this Earth has a rare and special enough opinion which should prevent another person from making to the hospital or to their job. MOVE!!!